Copyright © 2013 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- AFP Applauds Passage of OTC Derivatives End-User ExemptionAFP has voiced its approval of bipartisan passage by the U.S. House of Representatives of H.R.634, the Business Risk Mitigation and Price Stabilization Act, which exempts non-financial end-users from imposed-margin requirements on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives trading, a sought-after clarification to the Dodd-Frank Act.
- AFP EconWatch - June 17, 2013While rising gasoline and food prices led to the largest one-month increase in producer prices since February, little in two inflation reports released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that the Federal Open Market Committee will decide this week to slow the pace of expansion of the Fed’s balance sheet.
- June 2013 Risk NewsletterThis issue begins with a timely interview with John Drzik, CEO of Oliver Wyman, focusing on the global risk landscape. Next, practitioner Dawnette Blake, CCM, explains the benefits of natural hedging. In addition, Nilly Essaides covers the growing appetite for cyber-risk insurance, AFP offers more risk survey analysis and sessions at its upcoming Annual Conference, and more.
- VIDEO: MMF, Corporate Tax Reform Jeanine Arnett, AFP's Director of Government Relations and Public Policy, explains the impact of proposed money-market fund regulations on corporate treasury and discusses AFP's advocacy efforts to lower corporate taxes.
- Treasurers Should Voice Opinions on MMF ProposalsThe SEC's proposed regulations for money-market mutual funds, which include a floating NAV in one scenario and gating and liquidity fees in another, are causing anxiety for some corporate treasury departments. The arguments for keeping MMFs fundamentally unchanged have been
demonstrably more compelling than the arguments for further sweeping