Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- April 2014 Payments NewsletterThis month, we begin with a look at the results of the 2014 AFP Payments Fraud and Control Survey, sponsored by J.P. Morgan. While corporate fraud decreased overall, card fraud spiked. The good news is that companies are recognizing the threat and adopting additional security measures. Also this month, we bring you our exclusive coverage of the recent NACHA Payments conference in Orlando, Fla.
- Fed Wants Treasury, Finance Pros to Partake in Fraud SurveyFederal Reserve Banks are conducting a survey addressing payments-related fraud, and treasury and finance pros are being asked to participate.
- AFP Releases New FP&A Guide on Risk-Adjusted ForecastingAFP’s latest FP&A Guide, sponsored by Wdesk, outlines how risk-adjusted forecasting can work in practical terms. The guide includes interviews with over a dozen practitioners and experts, as well as eight case studies that demonstrate different companies’ approaches to risk in their forecasting process.
- Why Treasurers Must Embrace – and Finance – SustainabilitySustainability is no longer about corporate citizenship or philanthropy. It’s absolutely critical to the life of companies—and sustainability starts with treasurers. That’s the message Andrew Winston will deliver at the CTC Corporate Treasurers Forum. Winston, author of the “The Big Pivot,” will explain why it makes financial sense for companies to embark on sustainability projects right now.
- AFP EconWatch - April 14, 2014Wider margins at retailers and wholesalers led to the fastest single-month gain in producer prices in nine months during March. The Bureau of Labor Statistics' Producer Price Index (PPI) for final demand grew 0.5 percent during the month.